Wanna host your own? Having a Summer Fling is easy.
1. Someone take the lead and choose a Sat/Sun during the last 3 weeks of August. (August 12-13, 19-20, 26-27)
2. Pick a location, time and activity. (Make it free and easy)
3. Make it a group effort. Let everyone bring something to the table. Think picnics, pot lucks etc. Be sure to use your local Facebook Group to get everyone involved.
4. Invite friends and share in your local Socality Facebook group and on social using #socalitysummerflings
5. Let us know about your fling firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Hang out and have fun
7. Share the story with us #socalitysummerflings
Community should be initiated and cultivated and these are super simple ways to get together.
Here are some tips to help you get started.
1. Read the blog 5 ways to build community around you
2. Keep activities simple, easy and fun (meet at a beach, throw a BBQ)
3. Give enough time to plan and announce
4. Use a poll on the Facebook Group to get a consensus of what everyone likes to do!
5. If multiple people want to plan one on different days, go for it! More opportunities for everyone to connect!
We can't wait to see you at a Fling this summer!